There is something about December. The weather gets colder, holiday decorations get put up, burring a branch vermeil candle feels normal. I love the Holidays and I am determined to soak up every minute of this time of year. I decided to put together my list of things to do before Christmas – and I think it pretty much covers it all.
1. buy something that sparkles
2. pick out wrapping paper…something preferably gold
3. take a stroll through Wolflin to see the Christmas light
4. drink some hot chocolate from Starbucks
5. …or make your own and spike it (just a little)
6. host a party – everyone needs a reason to dress up
7. practice tying bows
8. paint your nails red, add gold if possible
9. see the nutcracker…take any reason you can to get dressed up
10. decorate the Christmas tree…find something special to add to it this year
11. go see Amarillo Little Theatre’s white christmas
12. perfect your favorite champagne cocktail
13. buy a pair of hunter boots from Lilly Finch – you’ll need them for when it snows
14. make a snow angel
15. make a new holiday playlist (sharing some of my favorites here)
16. make s’mores by the fire
17. take a Sunday afternoon to write out Rifle Nutcracker holiday cards
18. get a pair of earrings that pop…you’ve had your eye on those Margaret Elizabeth ones for a while
19. go to the electric light parade
20. get some coats to the Evelyn Rivers Project
21. have a wrapping party and put that gold wrapping paper to use
22. go shopping for your Christmas outfit
23. look up new recipes to use this year at our Christmas breakfast
24. find a killer gift to use in our friends’ white Santa gift exchange
25. leave some cookies out for Santa on Christmas eve, even though you know you’ll be the one eating them.
Am I missing anything??
Posted in Fashion
We’ve been playing Christmas music at the store for a few weeks (don’t hate me, please). BUT, I didn’t play it as often – small bursts of it (forgive me, please). Anyways, I’m always looking for Christmas music that is fun and goes with the other music we play here at the store. I feel like of gotten a good grasp so I wanted to share my favorites.
She & He – The Christmas Watlz, Christmas Day, Sleigh Ride, Silver Bells, Baby, It’s Cold Outside, Little Saint Nick
Cee Lo – Merry Christmas, Baby, Baby It’s Cold Outside, Rn Rudolph Run
Colbie Cailat – Christmas in the Sand, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
Michael Buble – Santa Baby, Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Sara Bareilles – Winter Song
Mindy Gledhill – The Christmas Song, Winter Moon, O Come All Ye Faithful, Christmas Waltz, Patapan, Little Saint Nick
Lenka – All My Bells Are Ringing
Meiko – Maybe Next Year (This one is hands down my favorite)
Kelly Clarkson – Please Come Home For Christmas, 4 Carats
Mariah Carey – Wouldn’t be a Christmas Song list if I didn’t mention her holiday album
Am I missing anything?? Don’t hold out on me if you have amazing Christmas songs I’m leaving out.
Posted in Lifestyle
Our December is crammed full of special events and even special sales – and I wanted to make sure that all of you were in the know about what was going on so you don’t miss a thing.
Our BonBon by Micah Yancey trunk show is this week! Micah is such an incredible designer, and I love having her collection in the shop. There are some new holiday pieces in this collection that I haven’t seen yet and the price range is perfect for gifts! Sadly though, all of the jewels get sent back on Sunday so we’ll only have them in the shop for this week only!
Our annual Holiday Happening with Lilly Finch is Friday the 13th. We’ll have special discounts, food and drinks, and definitely some holiday fun that evening. This year it will benefit the Rainbow Room, which is an incredible organization. Read more about them here. We’ll have more details soon!
Our Very Merry Sale will last one week this year. Each day is a different sale that is only valid for one day only. We’ll also be having a few blog giveaways that week as well!
There are a few days where are hours are a little different with the holidays. If for some reason we are not open and you are having a fashion emergency, gift emergency, or you just really need some good ol’ retail therapy – shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will gladly make it in for you!
Posted in Fashion